Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Centre Console Button

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Does anyone know if and where you can purchase centre console buttons from? Its similar to the T/C or Phone button which sit near the centre console arm rest. Im looking at making my own button and thought i read somewhere you can buy blank ones and get some one to put an image on for you.

I think maybe Phreddy did this but am unsure.....

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
Phreddy has done them, if you contact him he may be able to sort something for you.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
go into holden as ask them. i got all 4 buttons and bezzel (to go around it) for around 20$ (3$ a button or something) i have the part numbers somewhere if you want me to dig them up for you let me know cheers

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Part Number: GM-92111640
Description: BEZEL ACSRY SW
Price: $11.55
Quantity: 1

Part Number: GM-92111636
Description: COVER ACSRY SW
Price: $2.48
Quantity: 4

first ones for bezel and seconds for blank buttons. i drilled holes in mine and had one for footwell led strips and other for sub and amp cut out. the led's are in 3mm chrome bezzels and act like status lights. if anyone is interested ask me for the number of the guy who did mine. great bloke and does all the phreddy dash, aux on stock VY VZ headunit, sound system install, HID's and heaps more.

cheers

IMG_0962.jpg

p.s. you can get the bezzel with only 2 spots for blanks but then it doesnt all sit flush so i didnt see the point

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
esca_ByDesign

cheers for all that info, you are a legend! those blank buttons they are not a whole switch but just a blank cover. so if i had a TC switch or a Phone switch i could pull off those covers and put these blank ones on instead???

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
the actual holden switches cant be used (i was told dont quote me) because they have relays and stuff in them that needs to go through your BCM etc, i wanted to use the holden buttons too and just change the picture but the guy who installed it said it wouldnt be worth the effort to get all the wiring diagrams n the right power etc cause you cant just use ground and 12V, lol.

the ones you buy are just blanks and are one piece, are about 5cm long and go right down into that hole where it sits, no button though, just basically a square bit of plastic lol. so you can put whatever button you want on them.

hope this helps. cheers

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
what are you trying to do anyway?

FYI the button phreddy uses is the police interior lights blackout switch, and it comes just as a black push on push off button (so you push it down and it stays down "on", push it again and it pops up "off" opposed to the TC or PWR button that is momentary). I think theres a picture of a dome light with a cross through it printed on it, and it has an LED in the corner to indicate "blackout is on".

He has to have them custom sprayed (to a colour that took him ages to perfect to match the tempest colour) then someone with a proper image engraving machine engraves the image for him.

Oh and the momentary switches are the same, TC, PWR, AS etc. You can mix and match them if you really wanted too

Hope this helps

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
what are you trying to do anyway?

FYI the button phreddy uses is the police interior lights blackout switch, and it comes just as a black push on push off button (so you push it down and it stays down "on", push it again and it pops up "off" opposed to the TC or PWR button that is momentary). I think theres a picture of a dome light with a cross through it printed on it, and it has an LED in the corner to indicate "blackout is on".

He has to have them custom sprayed (to a colour that took him ages to perfect to match the tempest colour) then someone with a proper image engraving machine engraves the image for him.

Oh and the momentary switches are the same, TC, PWR, AS etc. You can mix and match them if you really wanted too

Hope this helps

by momentary do you mean just the switch or the whole thing. because the switch might be, but the relay isnt as you dont have to hold down your power or T/C button when your driving lol.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
lol sorry yeh I read what I wrote late at night.

The switches themselves are physically the same, its what their connected to that makes the difference!

But the "blackout switch" physically stays down (on) when you press it, and pops up (off) when you press it again