Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Install VY VZ Genuine Binnacle Guages

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
I have recnetly installed Genuine Vz binnacle Gauges in my vz v6 calais, i done pleanty of research into how to do it but didnt have much luck , in the end i gave it a go tackling each problem as i came to it. just wanted to see who would be interested in me spending the time/ taking photos ect on how to do it from start to finish, to see if it is worthwhile or not...... just for the record it took me about 4 hours which wouldve been only about 2 if i had a how to, and cost me $220, and yes it works on my v6 alloytec....

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Not interested. Tell someone who cares.

Just kidding. You tell the story and I'll listen.

Particularly interested in the oil pressure connection. Assuming you installed one.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
interested mate, im planning on installing some on the pillar in my vz exec, im mostly concerned about water temperature and oil pressure, voltage is pretty straight forward

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
interested mate, im planning on installing some on the pillar in my vz exec, im mostly concerned about water temperature and oil pressure, voltage is pretty straight forward

police will bend you over and.... you know the rest!

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
well i have installed oil pressure and volts, i will need a week or so to pull it appart and re do a couple of things before i take photos and post instructions:)

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
also i might add that the genuine guages WONT fit standard vz exec, sv6 or ss without climate control.
for these models the pod can be simply purchased from an auto store like auto barn along with the gauges which will come with wiring diagrams and a new oil pressor sendor will need to be installed with a T peice to accomodate it. the aftermarket gauges and pod clip and screw into place and with a google search many full how to s can be found here is one site that details how
http://howardinstruments.com.au/uploads/faq/149/Binnacle%20Gauges%20Fitting%20Instruction%20for%20VY&VZ.pdf
for the aftermarket gauges i think the cost will be around $350 for all new parts..

the genuine pod and Guages will with minor modification fit all climate control models, berlina, calais, hsv and ss with climate.
its these genuine guages that people apparently have a lot of trouble installing, most people end up buying the pod+gauges for about $400-500, plus loom $130 then pay between $200 and 600 to have them installed.
in my case i was lucky and picked up my gauges for $220, removed factory plug and soldered my own wires direct to the gauges.
so ill ask again who is interested in fitting GENUINE BINNACLE GAGES?? sorry for the confusion

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok what would you like to know about in particular?