Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Wagon Exhaust

vzwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV
Hi Guys,

I am interested in installing an exhaust system in my V6 VZ Acclaim Wagon.

I have been asking around and this is what I've got so far,

We offer a full exhaust incliding extractors, twin hi flow cats and 2.5" catback with tip for $1700.00 supplied and fitted, we also offer the cat backalone for $500.00 fitted.Custom tune for this model is $880.00, generally expect results of 25rwhpand better response, low end and mid range.

I just wanted to know is this around the price I am looking at or is this to high?

What brands should I be looking at as I don't want this sound to be ridiculously loud, I am just after something with a nice note and no drone.

I had a look at the frequently asked questions and there are not many on Wagon exhausts.

Any reply's would be great

Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Pity you are in NSW, I could do it for about $300 less.

Supply only, extractors, high flow cats and single 2 1/2" exhaust with rear resonator will be $1200 shipped to your door.

System only will be $335 shipped.

Comes with all gaskets and clamps.

vzwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV
Pity you are in NSW, I could do it for about $300 less.

Supply only, extractors, high flow cats and single 2 1/2" exhaust with rear resonator will be $1200 shipped to your door.

System only will be $335 shipped.

Comes with all gaskets and clamps.

Hi Mate,

So these item shipped to me in Sydney will be $1200?

Also where would I be able to get this installed seeing as you are in WA, just my local mechanic?

Finally these items that have been quoted will not be too loud, just a nice note and no drone right?

Cheers mate

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
I'll be honest. It's a V6 Commodore mate, when you fit an aftermarket exhaust, you're always going to have a drone. Yes, there are ways to minimise it, but it's still going to be there.

vzwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV
Thanks mate... Have you fitted an aftermarket exhaust on yours? If so what were the results?

Cheers

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Not really an aftermarket exhaust.
Mine has a standard twin exhaust from a VX LS1 wagon, but it's had the rear muffler cut out and replaced with straight pipes.

It drones under moderate-heavy load until about 3000rpm, but after that it really opens up and growls when you give it some juice. Once I'm up to speed and cruising along, it doesn't drone at all. It only drones when it's under load, which I'm pretty pleased with.

And the best part? It cost me $50 ;)

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Was just browsing the for sale section on this site, and a bloke just wanted to get rid of it because it was taking up space.

Filled the car up with fuel, grabbed a mate, and went for a day-trip to Echuca to pick it up :p

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hi Mate,

So these item shipped to me in Sydney will be $1200?

Also where would I be able to get this installed seeing as you are in WA, just my local mechanic?

Finally these items that have been quoted will not be too loud, just a nice note and no drone right?

Cheers mate

Yes, $1200 shipped. Your mechanic should be able to install it, if he has had experience with exhausts.

It's not too loud no, with the rear resonator it does quieten it down a bit, but being a wagon, you will get a bit of drone under acceleration at low revs.

eFeX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon acclaim 3.8
Yes, $1200 shipped. Your mechanic should be able to install it, if he has had experience with exhausts.

It's not too loud no, with the rear resonator it does quieten it down a bit, but being a wagon, you will get a bit of drone under acceleration at low revs.

g'day N_A_A_F, I'm a new member. please could you give me some advice on these items I have. I can't afford to to go to expence of a new system.

I have a n/a ecotec V6 vx wagon, doing up suspension, & cheap improvements on the V6... I've done the OTR Cold Air Induction with hiflow K&N filter. And extractors (can't remember brand), into the standard 2 into 1 exhaust.

I've bought a used s/steel LS1 twin exhaust from an LS1 wagon yet to fit, & have 2 X 100cpi hiflow Cats in garage, yet to fit. Is this system fine for the V6 with a 70mm throttle body, & mace plenum insulator & plenum spacer?

I'm after nice little gains in bottom end & midrange without losing economy or quietness? just looking for a fun driver thru the twisty bits.

cheers eFeX