Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec wont start

charliebrown069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yes another thread on a non starting car.

Have had issues with my car miss firing and have recently replaced coils, spark plugs and today took the injectors off to be tested.

Injectors came back okay, so I put the fuel rail back in, the intake manifold back on and tried to start her up.
Cranked for 2-3 seconds, and no start, same again another 2 more times and no luck but there is a strong smell of fuel.

Suggestions?

Monster-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Acclaim Odyssey Blue
i have the same problem but minor, my vz acclaim alloytec drives but there is no power from first to second gear and gets more power from then but miss fires alot so im not driving it but im gonna change sparkys and coils

any other ideas?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
make sure everything is plugged in, just double check it all

Monster-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
where should i be checking if everything is plugged in i just bought this vz a couple weeks ago and wouldnt no where to check?
info is appreciated

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
sorry i was responding to the OP's problem, but for yours, does it shudder at all?

Monster-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
what do u mean by shudder
it started this morning i reversed out my driveway chucked it in drive then i drove about 150m down the road and then got really shaky and making a put put put noise from my exhaust and then hoped on freeway and from about 0-60km it has no power then after 60km it gets more power and sound louder like a V8

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
by shudder, like as in the engine is shaking and missfiring, making the car shake, like its missing a beat. if its just missfiring, which it sounds like it is, try the spark plugs first, and if that doesnt fix the problem it could be a coil.

Monster-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
thats exactly whats happening mate i will check the spark plugs and the coils where are there situated in the engine bay ? is it hard to do it your self
and also any spark plugs ok or a decent brand like bosch or whatever???

charliebrown069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Just checked everything was plugged in, all good. Could here fuel leaking so i took the intake manifold off quickly, and it appeared fuel was leaking from injector on cylinder one. Wiggled it around and it felt like it was sitting in properly. Put the manifold back on and no start :( Still sounded like fuel was leaking and a strong fuel smell.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hmmm, maybe a bad injector, get them checked out id sugest.

to monster vz, the spark plugs are located under the manifold, so you need to remove the 6 bolts on top of the manifold, and any vacuum hoses connected to it, and there is a couple of electrical plugs at the back of the manifold. just be carefull, you may need to replace the gasket where the manifold sits, as if its the old paper gaskets, they will rip, but if its a metal gasket, it should be fine to remove without problems. once you have the manifold either fully removed, or moved out of the way, there are 6 coils which are bolted onto the spark plugs. spark plugs are under the coils :)