Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Rust

vzuterus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
I have a VZ Ute and all across the back window is rusting, quite badly too. I'll take some photos of it but interested to see if anyone else has had the same problem? It's always garaged and stuff, not happy jan!

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
I would be back to Holden straight away!!! These days rust should be the last concern of a new car buyer, especially when it is still under warranty.

I thought Holden, Ford etc dip their chassis to form a protective barrier, before painting? Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry, I don't want to steal or change the thread but this is a critical issue and potential cause to your porblem - If it is a manufacturing fault, would you be up for a replacement vehicle?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Marks-VY said:
I would be back to Holden straight away!!! These days rust should be the last concern of a new car buyer, especially when it is still under warranty.

I thought Holden, Ford etc dip their chassis to form a protective barrier, before painting? Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry, I don't want to steal or change the thread but this is a critical issue and potential cause to your porblem - If it is a manufacturing fault, would you be up for a replacement vehicle?

Corrosion protection is quite good for most of the major manufacturers these days. Post some photos of what is going on - It's too hard to make a judgement without seeing it.

You are right though - the first step is to take the car back to Holden and let them check it out.

Reaper

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
i was looking at buying a white vy ute b4 i got my red vy ute, my red ute is in really good nik, yeah its 2 years old but its done the kms, 95,000 to be exact, the white ute same age, but it had only 7000kms on the clock, the main turn of of the white ute was that it had lots of tiny rust spots starting to appear behind the window. this doesnt solve anything but it does say that it happend to other cars aswell.

V

vr s'pak

that doesnt sound good at all, especially being brand new, talk to your dealer. be good to see what response they give.

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
the rust could be caused bye 1 of 2 things or both .the seaer they have used if bye some chance was replaced before you got it isnt non acetic or the paint work was damaged under the glass when pulling out.i have replaced several new of show room floor front and rear screens from faulty fits to rubbers not fitting propper and tool for cutting them out is ither wire or knife.take back to dealer

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
cancer at such a young age, tsk tsk tsk

Last edited: