Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

increasing alloytec performance

kiwikraut

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz my06 berlina
Hey, just after a few recommendations,

I own a vz my06 berlina sedan, as everyone knows, stock is very restrictive, without having to go buy a supercharger, what tweaks can I do to improve torque and acceleration, i know I may not be able to get a huge difference but any suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers,

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
2 of MACE's items I recommend, the insulator and the CAI. Pacemaker extractors are pretty good expensive though. (especially the installation, the alloytecs are a pain to work on when it comes to extractors).
Full exhaust is even better but be prepared to pay for the installation

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
diff gears improve acceleration

Edz_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
tune after everything to remove torque limiter

BLR93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden storm
Hey guys

I live in queensland and i was just wondering if there is a place close by that will do engine mods to my VZ eg: cam:surprise:

brockybabe0591

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vz commodore
Whats a torque limiter how much torque cam you gain if remove do u need a tune before removeing torque limiter?

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Whats a torque limiter how much torque cam you gain if remove do u need a tune before removeing torque limiter?

The torque limiting is software, built into the ECU (Engine Control Unit) programming that controls how the engine and many other things work.

What he meant was, do all physical changes first, like the manifold spacer/insulator and a CAI and maybe cams and extractors if you want to go that far, then get the ECU tuned by an expert.
ECU tuning should be done last, ideally.
ECU tuning optimises the engine for power & response and removes the torque limitations that Holden put in to save fuel & protect the engine and transmission from over-revving.
(So careful how you push it - it will rev up bloody fast after a tune)

If you do it the wrong way round, that is, ECU tune then do the physical mods, the tune won't be quite right & you'll have to get it done again to get the best of it.

I personally had the CAI & manifold insulator done (cams is too expensive, and extractors nearly impossible on a V6 Adventra due to the AWD gear), then had an ECU tune.
Once it settles down & you learn the "feel" of it, it's great!