Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sticking down a dash mat

PSCrewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS 6Ltr
Hey guys

does anyone have any good ideas on how to get my dash mat stuck down or at least how to get the velcro to STICK!!
Cheers

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Hey guys

does anyone have any good ideas on how to get my dash mat stuck down or at least how to get the velcro to STICK!!
Cheers

Ironic that you should bring this up, as I have had some dramas with my dashmat ending up in my lap when accelerating away at lights, etc. Just tonight, I ran a piece of self adhesive Velcro hook material along front of the dash, directly under the bottom of the windscreen (just forward of the demist vents). The dashmat appears to attach itself nicely, without having to attach any of the Velcro pile to the actual mat. I'll let you know if there is any dramas.

BTW, I got my self adhesive Velcro from Spotlight. It came in around a one metre length.

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
The way I did it was using velcro, putting some silicon (very little) on the part that goes on the dash, and some stitches through the dash mat. Holds it well, until I took it off for good lol.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I got the shits with Velcro always pealing away when it heats up so I just went out and bought some spongey double sideded tape. Sticks really well and the heat doesn't seem to effect it.