Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytech In Tank Fuel Filter

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
Hey all,
have enquired about replacing the in tank fuel filter & sealing ring on my 3.6L at various auto spares but they dont seem to list the part, just the inline filter.
So im guessing this is a genuine part which i have to get from holden?
If this is the case how much can i expect to be stung?
Also if anyones changed theres how simple is it?
Havnt had a look yet but im guessing its under my back seat.

Cheers
Matt

imoore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV ute
you will have to remove the fuel tank to get to the fuel pump. my ute service manual says to change it a 210k from memory, and i had to change a fuel pump on a customers vz ute and there was no filter, i am interested to know if it was only a sedan and wagon thing.

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
surely the tank doesnt hav to come out? are all models the same? someone told me a wagon is easy to get too...

hathill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
surely the tank doesnt hav to come out? are all models the same? someone told me a wagon is easy to get too...

Mine is due too - how did you get on. I have a 2005 sedan.
NOt sure if I'll bother or just wait till the fuel pump craps out.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Fuel pump shouldn't need replacing until it dies, but def regularly replace the inline filter

hathill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Fuel pump shouldn't need replacing until it dies, but def regularly replace the inline filter

Thanks - I thought there must have been some other in tanks filter as well but it looks like it only has the standard screen on the pump intake like normal. I'll just be changing the external inline filter as you have said. I've just clocked up the 210000km mark. I have been changing it regularly, this is not the first time btw.

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
The intank fuel filter is for the ve vz still has it outside the tank it has something to do with the fuel tank been under the rear seat in the ve I think

robo1850

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Ute

Not sure about the wagon but the ute you can get to when you remove the tub liner.