Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to flush coolent

jjbird85

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
just wondering how to flush coolent and what ever else ya have to do in the process on 05 vz sv6 auto

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
preferably do when cold, ull find a tap looking valve on the bottom right hand side of the radiator.
Unscrew this most the way out then take the coolant cap off.
Let the old coolant drain out, then with cool clean water pour into the coolant intake, last time i did mine i poured quite abit, maybe ten litres or until the water coming out the bottom is clean rather then coolant.

Now screw the valve back up nice and tight. on the top left of the radiator is a round screw out bleeder. phillips bit . unscrew this all the way out.
Now you will fill the radiator back up with coolant. keep filling it even when coolant comes out the bleeder as some of this will be old coolant.
Start the car with the heater on full with out a/c. keeep filling with coolant then screw the bleeder back in. top up coolant and also dont forget the resivoir.
screw the coolant cap back on and check coolant in a weeks time. easy

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Not really right as what about the coolant in the heater core /lines and block, flush all the old stuff out first as most coolants arent compatable with diffrent brands,

Last edited:

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
You have to take out the knock sensors to empty the block. Not an easy job, very tight.
Once you taken the sensors out then flush with the hose
If you just drain from the radiator you will only drain the radiator and nothing else
Once that is done correct u will then need 10.8Ltrs of coolant