Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz trouble code in dash display

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey people, i have an error logged on my dash when my car wont start. it wont start because i get the very low fuel error followed by the fuel gauge error, contact dealer. now, normally i have the trouble codes as follows

however, when the car has its moments, it logs another one such as

this code disapears once the car comes good and starts again. anyone know what this extra one is? also noticed that the temp gauge doesnt work, and in the menu, it says its 215 degrees and 0 fuel, both gauges show on the empty and cold mark.

when i did get the car started, it shows 84 degrees and 30L respectively.

so, any idea from the techs

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
HTML:
i had the same problem once or twice rich, turned out to be low fuel, pup some fuel in, shorted out the starter and away we go. I remember talking to holden and them saying that the car could have some form of protection in that if the lines are dry and the car thinks it has no fuel, it wont allow you to start, throwing up this fuel guage error. I've also heard rumour that it could be the fuel pump on the blink or perhaps a problem with the fuel float.

Each time it has happened to me i have come home from being away, the car has been parked on a slight angle and i have left the car with the Low fuel or sometimes very low fuel alert.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Maybe so, but doesn't explain why all my needles don't work and my coolant says 215 degrees. I'm guessing an ecu or bcm prob or something getting mixed up.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Car is always parked flat, and the car comes good after it has cooled down a bit. I've never had the need to short the relay as the car will start after sitting for a few minutes

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
my needles were doing the same. if you are still having troubles get it scanned, that is the only way to be sure. Mine only did this when it was low fuel and sat there for ages.

dingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Hi All

I have the same error code as you listed on top ( the 1 to the left). Did you end up finding out that the issue was?
Cheers

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
i think its normal for the first lot, with the 1 on the left. my prob with the other one seems to be connected to an ecu problem

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
with out knowing what the error code means from the symptoms you described in the first post have you considered the sender unit. My car would occasionally give a very low fuel warning if i drove with less than a third of a tank sometimes but after a few minutes of driving it would return to where it was.

Last time i got it serviced my mechanic said he re programmed the fuel gauge system, dont know if thats right or not but what ever he did it hasn't happened again since and ive had a lot of tanks through it

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
yea, i have considered that, but then whats the go with the coolant temp? they are obviously not directly related

MY VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
you are 100% correct and after reading your post again PROPERLY this time i see where i went wrong...............i only read the first part