Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz sv6: need advice on lowering, sl front ssl back?

סּ_סּ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Check out my VZ Equipe.

I have had a lot of drama with lowering it. I originally got Pedders Super Low on the front. Bad idea. They were way too high and stiff (37cm hub to guard).

I now have King Ultra Low (For a VZ) which is apparently the lowest I can get without being illegal/####ing up my car (34.5cm hub to guard).

The rear are "Ultra Low" Pedders springs (6417) which look fine but are still a bit stiff.

Plenty of photos to compare etc.

What tires are you getting?

lowsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 05 sv6
I got sssl on the rear and ssl on the front and it sits perfect! Not legal at all but haven't been picked on yet and looks good had to roll the guards which is only 40 bucks a side

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
I got sssl on the rear and ssl on the front and it sits perfect! Not legal at all but haven't been picked on yet and looks good had to roll the guards which is only 40 bucks a side

I agree, looks awesome and dont even have to do the sideways crawl in most cases, heres a pic of my car, with sssl rears and ssl fronts on 20s... take into consideration the driveway at mine is not level... (and thats when the car 1st got lowered, springs have settled and it sits even lower - still no probs though)

IMG_0751.jpg

Muusty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Got any other pictures, also did you just rolled the guards n it just sat perfect ?

IMPULSEzombi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS1
got ultra lows front and rear all guards are rolled and absolutely no rubbing at all.. got to do the old sideways over certain bumps but that doesnt matter :)

20140624_072204.jpg

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
The camber always looks funny on ultralow VT-VZs, heaps on the rear not much on the front. If you drive backwards you can pretend it's a v8 supercar.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Seriously? Another 2+ year old thread? Are us VZ owners that hard up for material? :)