Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote start

SVTato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 with statesman/caprice front end.
Has anyone fitted a remote start to a vz commodore?
Or if it can be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 with statesman/caprice front end.
Gotta pay each year for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Gotta pay each year for it...

hey mate, i had one on my VZ, it caused too many problems!
to use it, you always have to first press unlock on the holden key to disable to immobilzier and then remote start on the aftermarket head. it caused too many problems in communication with my computer so i ripped it all outt. in the end mate, its not worth out unless u can figure out how to get rid of the stock immobolization completely

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Would love one for my wl caprice as I always leave it warm up for about 4mins before I drive off.
It would be very convenient as the car is parked in the garage. It would be good to warm it up while I'm getting readdy for work example.

But I don't know about messing with the electrics in these cars.

There bad enough without coming near them.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I had a generator which was fitted with a remote starter. To start it you had to press the button once and then press and hold it. Some how I accidentally start it with the keys in my pocket and the generator in my closed up van. I went outside to get something and when I opened up the door it stuck of petrol exhaust. I don't know what stopped it, whether it was the lack of oxygen or that I accidentally stopped it by bumpin the button.

I had to drive around for the next week with the windows down to air the fumes out… and this was in the middle of winter!!

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
I've done it, not with a vz but a vx Calais, it was a viper system was a few years ago top of the range alarm kit was around $800 at the time

Was amazing pretty much used. It all the time and was good. To play games in shopping center carpark and see the look on ther faces when no 1 was in the car haha :p

If you install it right I don't see how anyone could have problems.. Don't go buy a cheap ass kit cause well you get what u pay more

Sent From The Galaxy SII

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
I've done it, not with a vz but a vx Calais, it was a viper system was a few years ago top of the range alarm kit was around $800 at the time

Was amazing pretty much used. It all the time and was good. To play games in shopping center carpark and see the look on ther faces when no 1 was in the car haha :p

If you install it right I don't see how anyone could have problems.. Don't go buy a cheap ass kit cause well you get what u pay more

Sent From The Galaxy SII

I think that's the much worth I'd get out of it lol stand back and show all my mates I can start the car with my phone haha

I admit it would be very useful if I was in the position that I accidentally locked my keys in out and couldn't access the spare, or I left my ute locked up somewhere and a friend/relative needed to move it that the viper system would be handy, I've just never been in the situation to need it

GFY

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Dont go anywhere near this asshole,he hasnt sent my item,he's gone to ground as well,will not answer emails or even answer all the negative **** I said about him on ebay..he just a thieving ####

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Dont go anywhere near this asshole,he hasnt sent my item,he's gone to ground as well,will not answer emails or even answer all the negative **** I said about him on ebay..he just a thieving ####

Who?? What?? What arsehole??