Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with SRS ABS SVS light please!

hyung

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6 commodore
Hi everyone
I've had this trouble for few months and it's really testing my patience. I have done a lot of asking around and searching but I have not found a solution yet. Few months ago, the SVS light started coming on randomly . As the time went by, the light came on more frequently along with the SRS and ABS light. At the moment, they are on all the time. The ABS and SRS light would sometimes switch off, not necessarily together. The battery is only one year old, bosche deep cycle with high CCA. I have installed after market audio about two years ago and never had trouble when I installed it. When the SVS light is on, the fuel gauge, temperature gauge and A/C does not work (blower fan works fine). When the SVS light is on, sometimes the headlight switches off normally when I turn the ignition off, sometimes it stays on (learnt this the hard way). There are some minor electricals that doesn't work at times with the SVS light on, such as delay in intermittent window wipers, the automatic door lock when in drive, dashboard light staying dim etc.
I have put extra earthing from battery to chassis and battery to alternator but made no difference.
I have hooked up with Launch to see what the fault is. No fault in power train ABS or SRS. Whenever I try to go into the BCM or the instrument electronic fault code, the damn light would all go away and everything would work normally; A/C, electronics etc until I switch off the vehicle and turn it back on. It comes up with a lot of history codes when I do check it, no signal from SRS, ABS, BCM etc etc. Clearing them did not help at all.
I have talked to one of the holden dealers and they think hooking up with their computer wouldn't do much different either.

If anyone can lead me to the right direction, it would really really make my day.
Thanks

hyung

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6 commodore
Sorry I forgot to mention it's a 2004 SV6 commodore

hyung

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6 commodore

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I'm wondering if your ECU is stuffed?

Do you get any errors about "Lost Communication with ECU" when connecting up the scan tool? (i am assuming thats what 'Launch' is?)

hyung

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6 commodore
Yes that is a scan tool and when I connect it up it shows no fault codes for the ECU, ABS and SRS. It's only when I try to read fault in instrument cluster, everything works perfectly as if nothing has happened.
Correct me if I am wrong. Normally when the ECU is stuffed, the car doesn't start right?

steve

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina SW
How did you go with this in the end?