Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What clutch to buy for 190kw alloytech?

street1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX EXECUTIVE SERIES 2
So recently my standard clutch has started slipping under load=acceleration. Im looking at some clutches from the sticky performance thread which basically only gives me two options: Exceedy and Extreme. Just wanted some first hand opinions on the different clutches anyone is using at the moment. i have been in my mates sv6 with a exceedy HD and that was decent. He now has a VZ 6L twin plate button and that thing litterally has no play.so i guess i want something in the middle... maybe a cushion button.

If anyone has any experience with any after market clutch, advice would be great.

cheers

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Heavy Duty Xtreme clutch will be fine for an alloytec, tougher than your standard "soft" clutch, your not pushing enough power to require a cushioned button

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
I'm in the same boat as you mate, my plan was to go the exedy solid flywheel with the oem equivalent clutch because these really arnt powerful cars and a hd clutch from what I heard will do your head in after a while

street1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX EXECUTIVE SERIES 2
yeah i think a cushion button will definitely be annoying to use as a daily. I definitely want a clutch without the dual mass bullshit which makes it slip when your changing quick. The exceedy HD was good in my mates car but I rekon the pedal was still fairly soft which i guess is good. does anyone have any exceedy or extreme OEM clutches? just the basic clutch they offer?

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
I'm in the same boat as you mate, my plan was to go the exedy solid flywheel with the oem equivalent clutch because these really arnt powerful cars and a hd clutch from what I heard will do your head in after a while

what problems have you heard from having heavy duty?

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
No problems, only the fact that they are too heavy for normal driving, if people like them then ey go for it

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
thats what to expect, but ive been told something there is not a real noticalbe change.

street1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX EXECUTIVE SERIES 2
there isent much difference driving between an OEM clutch and an HD. HD obviously grabs a bit harder and has a little bite, but they are similar to drive. anyone know where i can get a cheap deal on clutches in melbourne?

KGkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ ute
We did a clutch and dual mass to solid flywheel conversion at work and we used NPC. Felt good to drive and made the car feel more responsive. I liked it, so thats what will be going on mine in the not to distant future

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
Any noise from the box