Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff gear Question

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Does anyone know what the diff ratio is in the standard VZ Exec sedan v6 auto? Wanna put an LSD diff in it and not sure weather to keep the same ration or change it.
If i end up changing what should i change it to? not building a race car just wanna give it a bit more of a kick.

Sorry dont know much about diffs

cheers james

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Standard is 3.08:1, a good upgrade is the 3.46:1 ratio usually found in manual ss commodores so it should be fairly easy to find one

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
There is usually a few LSD 3.46's floating around on ebay at any one time and most are LSD as they come out of V8's, HSV and SS's.
3.46 is probably the best ratio for a stock to lightly modified V6 as it gives it kick without really hurting fuel ecomomy, in fact around town it usually gets better once you stop enjoying the new found squirt.
Highway fuel economy stays pretty much the same.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
There is usually a few LSD 3.46's floating around on ebay at any one time and most are LSD as they come out of V8's, HSV and SS's.
3.46 is probably the best ratio for a stock to lightly modified V6 as it gives it kick without really hurting fuel ecomomy, in fact around town it usually gets better once you stop enjoying the new found squirt.
Highway fuel economy stays pretty much the same.

What are the rev differences between stock and 3.46? And how much does it affect acceleration?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
My 1/4 mile changed by .2 seconds, but 0-100 was about half a sec quicker, that's with an sv6

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
When you changed your diff who recalibrated your speedo or how'd you do it?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
What are the rev differences between stock and 3.46? And how much does it affect acceleration?

At 100kph difference is about 200 revs more with 3.46 and you will notice the extra punch from the 3.46's.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
I know the computer will have to be calibrated but if i replace a 3.08:1 with a 3.46:1 will it bolt straight in or will some things have to be changed to make it fit?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I took my car to Holden and they recalibrated it for 60 bux