Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I took the plunge and bought a tech 2

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Bought a tech 2 and had my first play around with it yesterday. I'm surprised at how many features are available but disabled from the factory, for example 'hill decent assistance' my biggest gripe with auto's is that there is no engine braking effect that's now changed on my v6! the auto box now changes down gears as I slow and does not drop back to idle making me ride the brakes...result!!!

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
It was $860 with genuine GMH software, scan tool unlocked to run any software genuine or otherwise, covers all GMH 1992 - 2010. I think it's worth it personally, as we have 2 holdens in the house both older than 5 years so I can expect DTC'S in the future and we'd only have to get 6 between us and its paid for itself

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
you could charge people to clear airbag fault codes, re-configure for diff changes etc....

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
Yeah how much to check what the fault with my air bags is then I will fix it and then get you to reset it. I have asked at several dealerships but they will only do it if they get to fix the issue and no it isnt the clock spring

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Damn you being in Perth lol

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Yeah how much to check what the fault with my air bags is then I will fix it and then get you to reset it. I have asked at several dealerships but they will only do it if they get to fix the issue and no it isnt the clock spring

I've been thinking about this, my local stealer charges $125 (not sure if this is the same at all stealers) for anything on the Tech 2, so I was thinking $50 if you come to me, or $70 and I come to you (Perth metro only, lol)

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Where did you buy the unit it from I wouldn't mind one either

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
There are loads on eBay but choose wisely!