Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Crewman X6 Fuel Economy - Alloytec V6

Wolfepac

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Holden Crewman X6
I have just purchased a 2005 VZ Crewman X6 Allwheeldrive (V6) and was wondering if their are any fellow owners out there that can enlighten me with regards to their fuel economy.

We live in Broome WA so the majority of driving is around town - stop start - fastest speed zone is 70km/hr. My current fuel consumption on the computer/odometer display is 18.4l per 100km, with an average of 22l per 100km. At this rate, the best I can hope for is 270km to 300km to a 60 litre tank. Seems quite a high fuel consumption to me.

I am not being a lead foot and I'm using Premium unleaded.

The Service Interval reccomendation states the fuel filter requires changing at 135000kms. I just had my 135000 service completed however the fuel filter wasn't changed due to the rear 'wellbody' of the ute requiring to be removed first as the fuel filter is inside the tank... A full days labour required. Apparently it is reccomended to replace the fuel pump at the same time as these have a habit of going at around 150000kms and if your going to pay for the wellbody to be removed, you really only to pay for this once. About $1600 all up...

Any suggestions/ideas or reccomendations.

Wolfepac.

Kyote63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman
Hi. You should be getting much better economy than that. I have an 05 crewman ang religiously get the high 10s per 100 around town and even high 9s on a trip and runit on unleaded. I did a trial usung premium unleaded and got worse economy! The sweet spot for economy is between 2000 and 2200 rpm and take you foot completely off the throttle down hills. Clean the air filter often helps as well. Towing is a different story though, 15+ towing a 700kg boat on a highway. I am going to modify the std air intake to let it breath better and hope to get the round town economy down to 9/100.