Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra problems

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
Hi there have recently serviced my VZ v6 adventra, forums been alot of help, had a faulty oil pressure sensor and service buzzers going off so learnt alot from this site cheers!! All fixed now, but car is blowing black smoke when gunning up a hill, almost certain it has something to do with moreys upper cylinder lubricant that i thought would be a good idea, have read in service manual that holden recommend not using additives what do you guys think? Cheers Mike.
P.S. Holden were going to charge 200 for oil pressure switch and 100 to put it in:spot on:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Black smoke from exhaust is usually related to a rich fuel mixture. Too much fuel NOT enough air. Check your air filter and perhaps check and clean the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor (located in the air intake line before the Throttle body). Use only suitable MAF Cleaner (available all Auto Parts Stores). Do a search on this forum. There's plenty of advice on how to do it etc.

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
vz adventra hose not at home

just spotted hose with no home, its coming from metal pipe from crankcase up to around the airbox and manifold. cant see anywhere where it may may go. any tips? Cheers Mike

Attachments

• vz.png
    vz.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,445

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
My adventra has that same hose leading no where it's just a breather for the front diff

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
thanks illusion, it looked like front diff but then so does the sump bolt so wasnt sure

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
What about additives? Should I use that moreys upper cylinder lubricant??
Cheers Mike

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Nope. For an Alloy I'd change the oil and filter often - 10,000km max (even though the book says 15 I know). Use 95 or 98 fuel from one of the big chains - BP seems the best at the moment around here anyway. I try to stay away from the independents & small outlets that don't have too much thru-put of fuel. Beyond that drive it :).

Reaper

WAdventra

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8
Gday fella/ettes,

I am a proud owner of a beautiful and comfy LX8 Adventra purchased in WA but now resides on the east coast. I have clocked up over 220k and starting to get a few little issues, most notably an intermittent "tick" from under the bonnet, also from a rolling start when foot planted she drops to second gear with a harsh shunt but is smooth through the rest of the gears. Just wondering if anyone has had either issue and primarily if you could please help me out with the "ticking"?
cheers

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
The gear change issue sounds like a prelude to the clutch pack blowing. Common problem for the CX8 not sure about the LX8.
Mates CX8 has same problem with harsh 1st to 2nd when he bought it, 9 months later lost all gears and got charged $4200 to fix it.