Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec Wagon conversion to manual

HoldenWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hi guys,

New here.. I am in SA.

I own a VZ wagon V6 auto, but was thinking to convert to manual.

Does anyone know where I could get this done? Roughly how much it should cost and what parts will be needed?

Thanks in advance.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Pretty sure andyman has done this to his wagon.

most reputable mechs should be able to do this... as for cost.. again, i'd be asking andyman for a rough figure

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
all i can say is unless you got the knowledge to do it yourself, i personally wouldnt bother.. as much fun as it is, its worth just as much as what a lot of vz's would be worth now....

i think it cost me about 5-6k all up to do it, and thats all labour by myself,

and that all stemmed from a $1500 conversion kit....

add clutch, at the time i paid about 1600, they were about 2300 retail then, not sure if theyve come down in price much yet.

i had to buy a tailsahft, near 900 bucks from holden trade.

i ended up finding out my selector mechanism was faulty, that was another 300 odd,

+ you will need to program it at holden,

idealy to get it to work properly, you need to drop a 190kw motor and manual box into it.

you need to program the ecm with a ute or a sedan vin number. each has problems.

1. if you do ute, your fuel guage wont work properly because its got a smaller tank
2. if you use a sedan, variable valve timing wont work unless you put a dual vvt motor in (i.e 190kw) to use a sedan program with the 175kw you then need vcm suite to change the dtc's to read active but not displayed

jake383

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 hbd vz calais
hey mate im currently converting my vz v6 calais to manual once im done il give ya a run down. so far i paid $300 for the whole conversion kit and $1500 for a new clutch. Once i get it all linked il let ya know the final costs and who linked every thing as we are both from sa. Your cost will be more as i am a diesel mechanic and can fit it my self

Jamievz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais
Any update on your conversion ?

hey mate im currently converting my vz v6 calais to manual once im done il give ya a run down. so far i paid $300 for the whole conversion kit and $1500 for a new clutch. Once i get it all linked il let ya know the final costs and who linked every thing as we are both from sa. Your cost will be more as i am a diesel mechanic and can fit it my self

Hi there just wondering how you went with this conversion? I'm about to attempt the same as my auto just shredded itself, was wondering how you went with all the computer side of thing, I was looking and swapping out everything, ecu, pcm, bcm, but you can't get factory manual calias gear, and I want to know if the sv6 bcm will run all the climate controls and seat ect. If not are you best just getting the manual ecu and getting the rest flashed by Holden with Tech 2 ??

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
This thread is over 2 years old and Jake hasn't logged in for 9 months.

Check dates before thread digging please.