Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz scantool code reader OBD2

seano87

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Acclaim Wagon

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I got one of the cheaper ones but same brand, it seems to work OK but I havent played with it much. Just did some data display, didnt have any codes to try and clear.

They are made and feel pretty cheap.

paddingtontv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE WAGON 06
Why this one what dose it have extra? dose it come with all the soft ware to say test a holded vz? Regards Ron

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
have a ve, sons vz, astra etc , so it covers a few, contact him and get a run through

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
For a couple of hunderd bucks extra you could pick up a complete tech 2 scantool kit that will do pretty much everything on most late model holdens.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
I bought the $13 ELM 327 usb cable that plugs into my laptop. Clears and reads all codes on my VY and gives all the data, if you care about that stuff. The blue tooth one does the same thing, but you just run it off your phone. Think the bluetooth is about $20. I've been told mine can do air bag codes but haven't had to test this theory.

You do need software, there's plenty of free ones around, I'm using Proscan version 5.9 I think.

These cables and what you show above definitely won't have as much power as a Tech 2. Pretty sure making any system alterations will be very limited. All depends what you want it to do.

paddingtontv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE WAGON 06
Hi all
Can anybody put me onto a seller or importer local Sydney area who can sell me a tech 2 or a cable to laptop to cover a VZ Holden who will also help with backup if required.
Regards Ron

paddingtontv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EXECUTIVE WAGON 06
Hi. I purchased the Autel Maxiscan MS609 Scan tool Friday, so far it has done what i wont it do. At least it clears the P0018 fault, it has confirmed the P0521 fault i fix last week is still good. But I am hoping it will help me I.D. the P0018 fault. I beginning to think maybe the oil needs changing again, but this time i will also give the engine a good engine flush I did change the oil 3 weeks ago just after i purchased the car, but the oil sensor did have a lot of gunk on it when i changed it, fault P0521. Regards Ron