Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Problems!

mickjbuist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commdore
Hello everyone.

I have been having some trouble with my VZ of late and hoping someone can help.

First ill start with the radio. Every few days after parking my car I hear my radio start playing again. It turns off when i open the door but about 20 mins later the radio turns back on and starts playing tunes. It doesnt turn back off either, i have to unlock the car, turn the key on and off then lock the car again. It usually only happens once then its fine for a day or so.

Secondly. Every now and then when i am using my headlights and park the car and lock it my lights are still on. I have to then unlock with the key and lock it again and its fine.

Thirdly. I have only ever witnessed this once but after locking my car i noticed my wipers were still going.

I really need some help with this because i keep getting a flat battery. The radio problem is probably the most important as I can easily notice the headlights and turn them off right away.

thanks

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Pull the door switch out of the pillar and clean it up with some electrical contact cleaner. It is probably not sending the BCM the right messages as its getting jammed.

pbax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
If you hold Mode+Set when you turn the ignition on then scroll through there will be a section with error codes in it.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Pull the door switch out of the pillar and clean it up with some electrical contact cleaner. It is probably not sending the BCM the right messages as its getting jammed.

This. Sounds like it could be related to all 3.

mickjbuist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commdore
If the switch is playing up would that cause the radio to turn off when I open to door and turn back on after I lock it. I would of thought it would just stay on all the time.

gronk63

Reaction score
Members Ride
monaro cv8 05
Could anyone tell me why my drivers side mirror will pan up and down, but not in and out. It was working perfectly, then the mirror stopped altogether, then two weeks later it moved up and down. No that is all it will do.

VZ SV6 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Had something similar with my sv6. I went in to the setting and changed the to turn the light and radio off when I turned the key not when I opened the door but in saying that you could have a problem with your bcm as all these items are controlled by the bcm