Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 left back wheel sticks out more then right

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys any help with this would be good there in about 15mm less gap between guard and tyre on the left wheel compared to the right it's like it's shifted over car drives fine but new wheels and its scrubbing also dose anyone have a photo of factory footwell lighting for a vy/vz I'm interested to no where the mount it and what it looks like TIA

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Before you drive it anywhere and risk mechanical failure, I suggest that you either get your Auto Club NRMA, RACV, RACQ etc to come and inspect it, or have it towed to a competent mechanic.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Are they new rims? If you bought something with a staggered offset, you maybe have put the rear wheel on the front, or vice versa.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
My vz is a bit out too. Maybe 10mm. I'm going to take it to pedders some time soon and ask them what the deal is. Probably just needs to be re aligned or something. I think there is a little bit of adjustment in the rear end.

Last edited:

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
They are 20 inch rims I tried swapping the rear wheels around I had them fitted at Goodyear with a wheel alinement done with there laser computer the wheels should fit with little clearance on both side not touching one side but can fit hand in on the other has me stumped I'm not driving it at the moment due to loss of licence so will be having a good look on my day off
The tyres are all the same and I might try up a front wheel on the back would the rim it's self be wider ? For the back

wildturkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Adamcawood , did you ever find out what the problem was? I too just put shocks, springs, brakes, wheels and tyres but the left rear scrubs. It is at least 12mm further out then the right. Had wheel alignment done same day. Wheels cant go on untilsorted. Any ideas.??

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Had it looked at a few times with no luck I measured and used levels and lasers tried swapping springs and shock around tightened and lessened things changed disks around even took to a panel beater to check if something had shifted after all that nothing was found and no one could nut it out so I had to change wheels :(

vz_sv6_owner1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS storm ute
id say the rear subframe has shifted slightly. id measure from the centre of the diff to the wheel arch to make sure they are the same measurement

puzzled_king

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 holden adventra sx6
i know i might of mist the boat on this thread but i just go a 2006 holden adventra sx6 and the left rear wheel is 30 mm more under the car than the right rear . 9 years on has any one nutted it out .