Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ R/H 02 sensor plug

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any tips for getting at the 02 sensor plug on the R/H (drivers) side of an 05 VZ wagon, I must just have Gorilla hands:rofl2:

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any tips for getting at the 02 sensor plug on the R/H (drivers) side of an 05 VZ wagon, I must just have Gorilla hands:rofl2:

Hi mate. I went through the exact same drama with the 02 sensor plug on the R/H (drivers) side of my 05 VZ wagon, about 8 months ago (changed O2 sensors). After much rooting around, I managed to disconnect it, however reconnecting the new sensor plug was another story all together. BTW as you have probably already found out, the left-hand O2 sensor is an absolute piece of cake to change.

I ended up disconnecting all the plugs and removed the wiring loom from the mountings on the auto transmission (I am assuming yours is auto as well). I removed the auto transmission dipstick tube and 'pulled gently' (LOL) the loom over to the right-hand side of the vehicle. Then after much struggling and a liberal application of the foulest and most un-parliamentary :censored: language imaginable, I finally jagged re-connecting the right-hand 02 sensor plug - whilst leaving a fair slab of my DNA (from my hands) on the transmission torque converter housing and the bottom of the transmission tunnel.

Next time I might just consider removing the complete vehicle body off the drivetrain assembly to allow access, as it can't be much f@#$%ing worse than what I went through. LOL

Best of luck :rofl:, and may the force be with you.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Thanks for the reply, really appreciated.

I still haven't done the right hand sides I don't reckon I will be able to get it plugged back in! I bet the service manual says something really helpful like, disconnect and reconnect:confused:

If someone has the manual VZ102006, can you please post what it says for getting at the sensor plug? I am about ready to use a hole saw in the floor:hmmm: Not really, but there must be an easier way to get to it.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Anyone have the service manual pages they could post please??

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Any joy mate? I Googled and posted a link, but deleted it because it would have been no help. Hope you've gotten somewhere.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
No joy at all, I have been putting up with an intermittent R/H O2 sensor for ages, just can't get my hands in there. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Papaskidz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
can't drop the exhaust?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Here you go, have a read of the accompanying link:

Attachments

• VZ O2 Sensors.pdf
    96.5 KB · Views: 681

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Well if it it any help to others, I will post how I did it. I went and asked the local holden guys how they reach it, and they took pity and let me watch one they were doing there and then.

The left side pre cat it easy, as you can reach the plug, but the right hand plug is almost on top of the trans. They just put it on a hoist, undo the rear cross member, get another guy to pull down on the trans really hard and reach in from the back of the trans and plug/unplug it that way.

Easy, well sort of easy once you see it done.

Hope that helps someone else.

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks 99notout,

Maybe this should be put in the "How to" section. This may help others as our cars age.