Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

coby catback system ls1

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
hey guys has anyone had any experience with coby catbacks for vz ss ls1.
the 1 im looking at is twin 2.5 front section into single 3inch rear section.
I can get one for $700 nzdollars which seems to be one of the cheapest in nz I can find.
any thoughts

cheers

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
never heard of "Coby" systems but do the EBay searches etc, they will give a good idea of going prices, also look around for good second hand, I did and saved $$ ( extractors), I bought a new Red Back twin cat back 2 & 1/2 mild steel system for AU $280.00 plus freight for my VZ LS2 , shop around the more time you spend looking the more you will work whats best for you ,I also bought a twin 2 & 3/4 full exhaust including cats brand new made by HM for AU $230.00, the bargains do pop up ,

cheers Pete

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
yea I think coby are only in nz ,yea looking around trademe but not much luck,xforce 2.5 mild steel system is about $850 over here with out fitting which I think is crazy for entry level catback.

cheers Jamie.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
hey guys has anyone had any experience with coby catbacks for vz ss ls1.
the 1 im looking at is twin 2.5 front section into single 3inch rear section.
I can get one for $700 nzdollars which seems to be one of the cheapest in nz I can find.
any thoughts

cheers
There is a Company in NZ called Chase exhausts , that do sport systems for Commodores , I had a 2.5 inch one on my VX , gave iy a deeper tone , but nothing to loud and no drone either .

Mr Gop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I've got a coby system on my VX SS. It was on it when I bought the car. If you want to hear it go to Youtube SS Commodore Coby Exhaust, sounds better plugged into a TV or on speakers. I like it. The kids complain a bit in the back seat sometimes as it can drone a little at certain revs but I didn't buy it for them.

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
cheers commodore 665 have looked into there website,mr gop checked out your video and I guess its hard for a video to give the note justice,but it does sound good on drive by part of the video.
does it have a decent deep/rumble note at idle?

Mr Gop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Yeah makes the house vibrate when its idling in the garage. I quite like the Remus exhaust too and its probably a bit deeper - there's a lot of them around, don't know price though.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Yea ive had almost every exhaust you can name, when I lived in NZ, REMUS, Diffillipo, xforce stainless and mild steel twin 3'' Rage twin 3 inch
1. best sound of all Coby super big bore 2.5'' Y into a single 3'' from the diff back-Hotdog =rear resonator combo.
2. Xforce twin 3'' in Mild steel sounded a lot better than the there stainless
3'' remus was a good different note
Diffillipo was Hollow sounding , lacked volume waste of money
The rage was **** house
All systems were with pacemaker headers and cat delete pipes on a VTII GTS 300.
Now since living in aussie ive had a twin 2.5'' system MANTA on my cammed VZ Maloo , best note over all of the above

Jamie_vzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ls1
awsome mate might try a coby systrm with hot dog rear resonator mines auto so hope the drone isnt excessive