Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra check powertrain warning?

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
Hi guys, yesterday the check powertrain warning came up on dash, what should I be looking at

Will try find some info in older posts but appreciate any replies.

Cheers
Mike

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
Looks like maybe changing the oxygen sensors will fix it, any idea of how much they will cost? Where are they on the engine, on the exhaust Im guessing?

If you replace them and start it up, will the computer reset the fault code automatically?

Cheers
Mike

TONNER_JEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
Could be a number of things that sets off check power train alarm,best thing to get it scanned to narrow it down a bit,then it's still trial and error.
I had this alarm and turned out being the T.C.M , replaced it with a second hand one from wreckers and was fine,didn't need to be reprogrammed either which was lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra V6
Thanks TONNER_JEZ

would I need to go to holden to get it scanned? Or any decent mechanic will do? is the tech 2 scanner the one I need to diagnose problems on this car?

Cheers
Mike

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
it might be 02 sensors that will throw the check power train message , only way to know is to check it on the scan tool for DTS codes . My money's on 02 sensors .

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
Could be O2 sensors. I would still have it checked by the tech 2, any decent mechanshould do it.

If I were a betting man, I would be putting my money on O2 sensors, although mine were stuffed and I did not get any codes.

If 5.7 ltr it will have 2 02 sensors pre cat, if v6 it will have 2 pre cat and 2 post cat, all four wire. Replace all at once. Take battery leads off, first though

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
Our adventra chucked the power train warning up tonight I scanned it with tech 2 and it came up with oil pressure sensor fault so it could be that as well

commodolores

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
under what car model you found adventra on Tech 2....I have Tech 2 with Holden software but there is no adventra on there ?

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Our adventra chucked the power train warning up tonight I scanned it with tech 2 and it came up with oil pressure sensor fault so it could be that as well

That's what mum's VZ V6 Berlina ended up being when it threw that power train warning.