Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bullbar for 2005 VZ LX6 Adventra? (mystery pic)

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
I'm thinking of a bullbar for my new Adventra.

Most of the designs I've found seem to ugly or won't fit, but I found one in a car ad which looks great.
Trouble is, I don't know what make or model it is.

Can anyone identify?
(see pic)

$_20.JPG

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Might look good in some people's eyes (sorry, not mine), but that bar is going to do jack to protect the car.
You're better off with an aluminium one. VZ Adventra - Stage 3
As a matter of fact, you hit something decent even with a bar and you are going to sustain damage.
Sometimes, depending on the bar, more.
Trouble is, if you hit a skippy, say on the front right, the whole bar can bend and cause more damage than where you got hit.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Yeh have to agree on all counts,that looks err not good and really do these things in the pic actually decrease or increase impending damage? ...your choice of course but ive never seen one on any type of commodore that looks even close to ok(aluminium one looks as bad imho)..if its about protection then the aluminium one looks more effective but god id never buy one,having said that ive never mowed down kangaroos etc..so maybe you REALLY need one??

sorry this doesn't help with the question of where to find one of the type you posted lol.. but you did start off your thread with "most of the designs ive found seem too ugly"..i just endorsed that and added ALL.....

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Are you worried about native fauna, or ethnic minorities who can't drive ?
If the the former.....get some "Sonic Animal Guards " from supacheap for less than $5 ( don't laugh ) .
I've done a fair bit of Oz exploring and hit 2 roos which did considerable damage to my HQ and HJ, a plastic Commodore would probably be a write-off, but since then using these not even a near miss .
Placebo effect ? Lucky ? Being more aware of potential disasters ? Who knows......my opinion only.

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Thanks to all who replied.
Yeah, a roo did some major damage to my Magna 2 years ago, and it's a road I travel a few times a year. Knowing my luck...

Stupid roo story:

Travelling the Old Putty Rd, with another car a few lengths ahead.
A roo jumps out towards the other car, so I readied to brake. But the roo noticed the car (duh), and jumped back into the bush, so I relaxed.
Then, just as I was about to pass that spot, he jumped out in front of me.
No time to brake or swerve - broken indicator, broken headlight, bent fender.
Roo falls to the ground as if dead. Being an animal lover, I stopped to inspect him (and my car!).
He jumped up, shook, his thick head, and bounded off into the bush.
The Magna was never the same. I don't wish that fate on my Adventra.

Also, I sometimes run into things at low speed - I must be spacially challenged.

Though I am driving my beautiful LX6 Adventra very carefully! :)

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Heh. Funny how we all have a different sense of what looks good and what doesn't.
To my eyes, the Smartbar looks like it could be Holden original; it's streamlined, conforms to the nose shape, and looks like part of the car.
All the others look like bolted-on chunks of metal and mostly clumsy and butt-ugly.

Well, it'd be a boring world if we were all the same.
Thanks, guys.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
You dont have to be moving for roo damage. One of my co-workers was sitting in his car out in the forrest one night keeping an eye on a very expensive piece of forrest equipment, when bang, roo runs into the car door. :rofl2: