Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz clubsport breaking down under load

jd.stokes89

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu
My ls2 is breaking down under load! It will idle fine well no rougher than normal but on the road at about 3000 rpm it will surge and mis and will not rev any more! Have changed plugs checked fuel pump and regulator and check plug leads! Thinking it could coils but would think it would be more that one with how bad it is! Does any one know how to test them? Problem started not long after boiling engine and spat most of the coolent? Has any one had similar prob?

bush_basha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
Check your cat's, could be a blockage.
also there's an earth wire on the back of each heads for the coil packs.
For the cats Even while idling say in the night time, have all the lights off and check the exhaust if it's glowing red, if so blocked cat, even if not glowing it would pay to get them checked. It does a similar thing to what you describe.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
If you have boiled the engine, and spat the coolant, I would think a missfire is the least of your problems.
Engines probably stuffed.

jd.stokes89

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu
Thanks for info! I removed exhaust today and ran it without it still the same! I will get new leads tomorrow and try that! I also got hold of a code reader and got the following codes after I stalled it up until it broke down and then it stalled the engine. Codes 102 maf or vaf a circuit low input, pd codes 336 crankshaft position sensor A CKT range/perf and 341 camshaft position sensor A bank1 CKT range/ perf

jd.stokes89

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu
Just to let every one know! Problem was wires to the crank angle sensor had been melted and stuck together enough for signal to jump but only would break down under load!