Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Crewman not starting all the time

Keith_4204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute / VT SS
Ok to start with the car is a 2007 VZ Cerwman V6 Auto the very basic model.

I went to start the car after work and it ran for about 3sec then died. Turned the car off and tried to start it again but nothing. None of the dash lights turned off like they normally do and starter didn't Crank or do anything. The check drive train light has been on for about 20000kms and never had a problem till now. No other warning lights come up and the little system check comes up as OK. I turned the car off and called RACQ I was waiting about ten mins got bored and tried it again. It started like normal no problems. The car has A new ignition barrel and Battery. It's been about a week and the car has always started. Anyone have any idea why it did this??

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
check the key reader ring on the barrel if the silver knob on the key does not touch it it will nit start or it will for a few seconds another way to check this out is when it does it again press the unlock button and try to restart if it starts its the key reader ring

gilign

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra Jacked up 2 inch plus on 225/60/17
i have the same problem. check drive train light came on and although it never stayed(i have a scan gauge and cleared it) sometimes it come back and after a while ignoring it it will start and then stop. i got around this by taking the key out lock it unlock it and then start again. but when u continue to ignore it ti wont start no matter what u do with the key. The next fix(work around) is to keep reds on and take the starter relay out and have a big thick piece of eite to short the starter side of where the relay plugs in. it will start then and that show me that there is nothing wrong with the security link between the bcm/pim/ecu. what i have found out is if you have random codes come up intermittently then its the ecu(inside of passenger kick panel)
If u take it to holden to get the codes clear, get a print out. and ask them to take notice of the actual codes now not the stored codes. they will come up with over a hundred codes and try to get 4 hr of diagnostics at $121 an hour.
just pay the $88 for the scan on the teck2 and print out and clear and have them test drive up to operating temperature. then u have the reason why its failing. mine points to lost communication with the transmission. so looking at a ecu. $350 plus linking it to the bcm/pim

http://www.snapontools.com.au/__dat...PIM_and_ECM_-_Reset_and_Link_Instructions.pdf
lost of helpful info here.