Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim Sizes ????????

purple ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SS / 07 VE SS
Hi, l have a 04 VZ SS sedan, l have had it lowered super lows at the front and ultra lows at the back. Was looking at Versus
20 8.5 +42 front
20 9.5 +45 back
The tyre shop l rang said that they will not fit unless l get the guards rolled and that not going to be cheap.
So l would like to no what sizes am l able to fit with out spending big dollars on the guards did want to have them staggered.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Your prepared to spend big money on wheels and tyres but don't want to spend a couple of hundred getting the guards rolled.
If you want to fit big staggered rims/tyres then you need to get the guards rolled, your mad not to.
Fronts should be ok but remember if you hit a bump at speed while turning. the front tyres could catch the inner lip and bend it down, seen plenty of cabs with this scenario from fitting too taller tyres.
I/ve got 8.5"x19" on +40 with 245/35 at the rear with HSv springs, guards rolled and they still rub a little on big dips at speed.

purple ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SS / 07 VE SS
l thought it would cost a lot of money to get the guards rolled. Panel beaters are not cheap
l do not no any one else who would do it theres not much chance of going to a tyre shop to
get it done

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I paid $200 to get mine rolled. I'm told most tyre shops will do it but I found a Mobile machanic with a good rep to do mine.

It's not that much work. 9.5s with 255 tyres n a guard roll probably 50P offset atleast. There's a guy on street commodore's forum now with a blue L67 VY Calais with pentagons on geniune 20x9.5s with 57P offset. Have a look for that

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I paid $200 to get mine rolled. I'm told most tyre shops will do it but I found a Mobile machanic with a good rep to do mine.

It's not that much work. 9.5s with 255 tyres n a guard roll probably 50P offset atleast. There's a guy on street commodore's forum now with a blue L67 VY Calais with pentagons on geniune 20x9.5s with 57P offset. Have a look for that

VY/VZ's with VE 9.5" 57P usaually need a 5-8mm spacer to push the wheel outward otherwise the tyre rubs the inner part of the wheel well.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
I charge 160 for all 4 gaurds rolled, if you were located in Melbourne id do them for you but I'm on crutches and my left hand doesn't work due to nerve damage (passenger in a terrible car accident in jan)

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
The guy who owns that blue vy calais is my mate, the driver in the car accident and the bloke who I roll gaurds with haha small world aye

purple ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SS / 07 VE SS
I charge 160 for all 4 gaurds rolled, if you were located in Melbourne id do them for you but I'm on crutches and my left hand doesn't work due to nerve damage (passenger in a terrible car accident in jan)

Thanks mate but l live in Gladstone QLD so there is stuff all in this town and this town is the biggest ripoff they think everyone works on the gas plant, stuff the
locals it will all fell on its ass when all the run ins piss off and they start crying not making money and start closing shops.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Try Brissy or the GC there's a few shops down here on the coast that can sort you out like a package deal. Shops do charge any where from $50-80 per corner but just work out a deal.Also if your a bit of a wreckless like me you can DIY it by buying a guard roller of flea bay and a heat gun it works. Just be careful and blame yourself if it goes to custard as you might crack your paint if you rush it.