Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error Code 1632

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi All,

I got my car serviced recently and my mechanic found error code P1632 - Immobilizer fuel disable signal received. Does anyone know what this means and how it can be fixed.

Cheers

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Can occur if there is something obstructing contact between the contact nib on the key remote (e.g. dirt) and the steel fascia of around the key orifice of the ignition barrel; the two must make a positive contact when the key is inserted, pushed in and starting ("handshake"); if not, the module defaults to an attempted theft and tries to cut the fuel supply off. This will manifest as a very unstable, stuttering engine that refuses to accelerate beyond 80km/h (sometimes less, called "limp mode"); it may feel like the engine is on the cusp of stalling. The car should be interrogated by a techie to ensure it is not a persistent fault rather than one caused, for example, citing one finding, a lanyard attached to the keys getting stuck between the key and ignition barrel and not allowing correct contact of the nib and fascia (as explained above): the solution for that incidence was to remove the lanyard from the keys, idle engine at 3,000rpm to clear the fault and away you go. But if the fault code returns a more persistent fault state is indicated and needs more thorough sorting out (possibly immobiliser fault).