Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ xforce 3' system back muffler replacement

Crank1816

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
hey guys, i have a twin 3 inch exhaust system (xforce) I want to take out the back muffler and put in a straight through pipe.

What i want to know is, can i buy the straight through pipe to bolt straight in or am i better off just getting a muffler place to weld it in?

cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You won't get one that bolts up. IMO, it will sound really bad with tail pipes only.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Why on earth would you want an X-Force system to be any louder? I'm trying to quieten mine down!

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
wow you must have bulletproof ears buddy!

Crank1816

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
Its IMO no where near as loud as some other v8's on the road i have seen. My mate has the same setup but without the back muffler and its mint as to listen to

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
#### that is going to sound horrendous.

Not even my old clubby was able to make a decent sound through an xforce and that was with the rear muffler.

But your choice. Pretty sure any exhaust place would sort you put with straight pipes for a couple hundred bucks.

Make sure they give you the muffler at the end of it in case down the track your ears start to vomit.

GTR27

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
This sounds harsh. But sell it and buy a DiFillipo. The price difference is worth every single cent. I have a had a few xforce exhausts (on a VE and on my WL) and they were both shite. I thought they Sounded OK (at least I thought so) until I heard the DiFillipo......Man the Difillipo sounds awesome. Completely different sound.

I had a 2.5" catback xforce, and it had rear resonators instead of mufflers and jesus christ was it loud and droned like a mofo. The DiFillipo still sounds tough when your up it, but a lovely burble at idle, and pleasant to drive with. How much welly you use determines how loud it is.

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
3" xforce are loud already, it will drone something horrific without the rear ressi. Get extractors and high flow cats if you don't have them already, will make it sound much better.

Crank1816

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport
End up taking it out and straight through pipe welded in, its loud and sounds mint :D