Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Immobilizer Module

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone can tell me about the immobilizer module ie where is it located, is it difficult to get to, is it difficult to repair or replace and how much they are.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
the immobilizer is actually built into the BCM (Body Control Module) so really it cant be reached. per se. Whats going on that you need to access it?

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
are u talking about your bcm , its up under your steering column , if you replace it you have to get the keys with it and it will need recoding , or less you get the ecu out of the car to match.

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
the immobilizer is actually built into the BCM (Body Control Module) so really it cant be reached. per se. Whats going on that you need to access it?

I've got an error code for the immobilzer saying the fuel disable signal is received. Plus every now and then when I start the car it fires, goes to about a thousand revs then just cuts out. Second time round it starts no problem. My mechanic checked the error codes with the scan tool and got 1632 - immobilizer fuel disable signal received.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
bugger. Usually in instances like this it is related to the silver rings around the ignition barrel and the small silver ball on the key not making proper contact. It's not battery in the key but the contact being made between the ball and the ring. sometimes the two surfaces just a need a clean and hey presto, no problems.