Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz clubsport power steering issues

bjordan_x

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz r8 clubsport
Hi,
I have a 2005 VZ R8 Clubport.
About a month ago as I was driving I started to notice a shuttering sound and once I needed to turn realised it was very hard to turn and the shuttering became alot worst when turning.
I havent driven the car since (as it is just my weekend car) but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what the problem could be before I take it to a shop.

bjordan_x

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz r8 clubsport
yes I was doing no more than 60kms.
And im not 100% sure, it did get serviced in January (dont know if they would of changed it then?)

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
My p/s pump did that just drained a bit of fluid and topped it up been fine ever since that was over 6months ago. But as stated a proper fluid change would be the way to go unless the pumps failing totally.

bjordan_x

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz r8 clubsport
thanks, however I do think I may have a leak - as there seems to be fluid/oil sprayed underneath the car. ive had a look under the bonnet and cant see anything that stands out, will need to get under the car and have look I think!