Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz front brake caliper

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
Quick question dose the front brake calipers mount to a bracket or do I have to replace more as the great guys down at pedders decided to over tighten and strip the thread in my front left

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
The brake calipers bolt directly to the steering knuckle. Expensive. Get them to fix it!

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
The idiots didn't tell me about it just lock tight them in so it's now 6 months down the tracks I've replaced pads and rotors and found the problem. They have told me that it was not them and since the time factor could of been anything/anyone

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
No I got the bottom bolt out ok but the top after braking the seal was lose. It's not just over tighten who ever done it has almost barrelled the hole

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Should be able to fix it with a tap and a new bolt. As long as the hole hasn't been made bigger.

nope, if you rip the treads out you'll need a helicoil or a larger hole, tap, and bolt. Running the same size tap down the original hole won't magically rejoin parent metals back together like humpty dumpty.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
No I got the bottom bolt out ok but the top after braking the seal was lose. It's not just over tighten who ever done it has almost barrelled the hole

Sorry to hear mate.
Whoever did that should never be allowed to work on a car again.
Helicoil is the only way to properly repair the stripped threads.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
This exact same thing happened to me too. The reason the pricks loktite the bolts back in is that the steering knuckles are worth nearly $300.

Last edited: