Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VZ V8 Sedan King Springs (with HTG Measurements)

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Gday, seen a lot of threads and searched a lot for info. Wanted to get some solid HTG (hub to guard) measurements. Ended up getting in touch with Kings today and thought I'd share the following info. Hopefully helps somebody and maybe V6 / utes / wagons can be added as well. Part numbers are from the 2014 catalogue. Measurements are from the centre of the hub/rim up to the top of the wheel arch.

VZ V8 Sedan

Super Low:
Front - KHFL-47HD --- HTG 350mm approx.
Rear - KHRL-46HD --- HTG 340mm approx.

Ultra Low:
Front - KHFL-47SL --- HTG 340mm approx.
Rear - KHRL-46SLHD --- HTB 330mm approx.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Just measured my car (standard VZ Calais so FE1.5) and the HTG measurement front and rear is ~360-365mm. So much for lowering by 50mm with Ultralows...

Anybody have and VZ V8 HTG measurements after lowering with Kings?

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Gday a9l I was trying to find the same info before I ordered my suspension but it was all too inconsistent. Even the kings website differs between "product info" and "catalogue".

In the end I went for superlows and was told they are approx 50mm lower than standard. I was going to install them this weekend along with a set of bilstein b8 shocks but unfortunately they have not arrived yet. When they are in ill let you know the htg measurement.

My car is an 02 VX SS which was already lowered when I got it the current htg dimensions are front 340mm rear 310mm. If I can get part numbers off the old springs ill let you know what they are too.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Awesome. Thanks heaps monkey.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Hey mate, I haven't forgotten about this, unfortunately my suspension still hasn't rocked up yet. Getn a bit peeved to be honest. Rest assured when it does ill post again and maybe chuck in some pics, haven't tried that before.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Hey mate, I haven't forgotten about this, unfortunately my suspension still hasn't rocked up yet. Getn a bit peeved to be honest. Rest assured when it does ill post again and maybe chuck in some pics, haven't tried that before.

How did you go, have you changed springs yet?

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Ha, was gonna ask too. Want to get mine done next week. Think I'll just go Super Low. Will post before and after pics.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
All the gear arrived this week and will be putting it in over the weekend. Ill try remember to take some shots of the front strut insert before I install back in car as it needs a bit of cut and shut action. Never done this before so should be interesting and fun. Hava good weekend all.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Gday, seen a lot of threads and searched a lot for info. Wanted to get some solid HTG (hub to guard) measurements. Ended up getting in touch with Kings today and thought I'd share the following info. Hopefully helps somebody and maybe V6 / utes / wagons can be added as well. Part numbers are from the 2014 catalogue. Measurements are from the centre of the hub/rim up to the top of the wheel arch.

VZ V8 Sedan

Super Low:
Front - KHFL-47HD --- HTG 350mm approx.
Rear - KHRL-46HD --- HTG 340mm approx.

Ultra Low:
Front - KHFL-47SL --- HTG 340mm approx.
Rear - KHRL-46SLHD --- HTB 330mm approx.

Going off those measurements my Senator is already at superlows height on HSV luxury springs which are slightly higher than clubby/R8 springs.
I only want to go about 10mm lower which would mean using ultra lows, not sure about that one.
Which is why would like to see what height other peoples cars come in at.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Yeah, my reason for asking too. I'm thinking Ultralow front and Superlow rear just so the gap from guard to tyre is even front to back. I hate the "ass-dragging" look that's gaining popularity. Plus if I'm unhappy with the rear it's an easy swap doing back springs, not so with fronts.

Those HTG figures are direct from Kings. Spoke today with Wilkinson's Suspension here (one of the biggest WA suspension mobs) and he confirmed those measurements but did say +/- 5mm.