Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oil pressure gauge Alloytec

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Has anyone fitted or got a SAAS oil pressure gauge, I have fitted a set of SAAS gauges oil/volts, Volts gauge works fine but cannot get the OP gauge to work, wiring is as instructed, nobody including saas in Vic can suggest what may be the problem, I have changed the OP sender and also tried a different gauge to no avail..

The sender has an open loop when engine is off and also has open loop when running, this to me is wrong but if someone could check there reading(multi metre) on there aftermarket sender. Iv been through all wiring again and again, maybe a silly fault but I cannot for life of me find it...

Any idea's or a reading from sender would be great.. Im pulling my hair out

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Anybody surely someone has a saas OP gauge ??? just need to know what the sender reads engine off and engine running (ohms)

D

Don123

"You're pulling your hair out". So you installed this saas gauges to your car which wasn't really needed as it wasn't installed in the car from factory, I suppose for the looks of it and to make your car feel more upmarket, but it doesn't work properly and it's driving you mad, my suggestion is to remove it from your car. I can't understand why beat your head against the wall for something that is not needed in the first place. my 2 cents worth.

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Seriously you took the time to reply with that, for your information I fitted the gauges as it fills a void on my dash.Got nothing to do with looking cool or up market you Tool, who gives a #### if not fitted standard, its a useful gauge to have Oil pressure and volts, not as if I fitted useless gauges, as for your useless 2c of opinion you know where you can shove that
"You're pulling your hair out". So you installed this saas gauges to your car which wasn't really needed as it wasn't installed in the car from factory, I suppose for the looks of it and to make your car feel more upmarket, but it doesn't work properly and it's driving you mad, my suggestion is to remove it from your car. I can't understand why beat your head against the wall for something that is not needed in the first place. my 2 cents worth.

D

Don123

So get upset why don't you. you have two reasons to spit the dummy now.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I have seen when the sender is installed into the engine some thread sealers isolate it from ground(earth) possibility? so you are not getting your return path

smashedcrab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonne
Has anyone fitted or got a SAAS oil pressure gauge, I have fitted a set of SAAS gauges oil/volts, Volts gauge works fine but cannot get the OP gauge to work, wiring is as instructed, nobody including saas in Vic can suggest what may be the problem, I have changed the OP sender and also tried a different gauge to no avail..

The sender has an open loop when engine is off and also has open loop when running, this to me is wrong but if someone could check there reading(multi metre) on there aftermarket sender. Iv been through all wiring again and again, maybe a silly fault but I cannot for life of me find it...

Any idea's or a reading from sender would be great.. Im pulling my hair out
BUMP

Sender reads "open". It sends either on open or closed signal to ECU to verify that oil pressure exists - not what pressure there is - its just a switch!!! To run a gauge you need to install a Tee fitting in the current oil filter housing location and install a pressure gauge sender unit AS WELL AS the current pressure "switch". The adaptor is appx $10 and thread size is -1/4NPT I Think - as its going into cast alloy - DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
Don123 your a flog!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Sender reads "open". It sends either on open or closed signal to ECU to verify that oil pressure exists - not what pressure there is - its just a switch!!!
Pretty sure he's talking about the aftermarket sender that SAAS includes with the guage, not the oil pressure switch.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Remove the pressure gauge and install a T to reattach the sender and install a suitable pressure sensor for the SAAS gauge.