Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ thunder compliance plate location?

OCD_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VZ thunder ute
Hi guys and girls....ive recently purchased an 07 plated VZ thunder ute from interstate. In needing to transfer rego into my name here in NSW I need a blue slip inspection. Im having trouble locating the safety compliance plate.
I found a thread on here and looked in thr following spots but cant find it.
Passenger side door and jam
Drivers side door and jam
Firewall
Behind firewall plastics where your ac filter and wiper motors are
Strut towers

Can anyone help me.
Kind regards
Shawn.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Hope you haven't purchased a rebuilt 'cut and shunt' !!! Good luck with the rego checks. Have you checked with a Holden Dealer in regard to the actual (expected) location of said plate ?

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Later VZs had a sticker on the passenger's side B-pillar

OCD_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VZ thunder ute
Ive checked all those locations. Found nothing and no evidence of tampering.
Ive been to a holden dealer and the bloke who helped me couldn't locate it. This vehicle passed a revs check and inly has 54k on it. Im certain its not a cut n shut car. Too many mods and its way too mint to be a dodgy vehicle

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
If Holden couldn't help I doubt any one can. Where did you get the VIN # from to give REVS.( behind the windscreen). Give the RTA in the state in which the ute came from a buzz and enquire with them re; encumberance / written off etc.
Best of luck champ

OCD_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VZ thunder ute
A compliance plate wouldn't be a sticker....I got the vin from under the windscreen.....ill give qld roads a call

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
A compliance plate wouldn't be a sticker....I got the vin from under the windscreen.....ill give qld roads a call

Yes it is a Sticker..

The 07 VZ wagon I have has a sticker on the passenger side B Pillar as mentioned above by Shearer.

OCD_L98

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VZ thunder ute
Ok so update. Ive rechecked with holden...2 of their mechanics couldnt find it and were unaware of its location. They have confirmed for me its exact build date though.
Ive been to a local mechanic who assures me it has to have one to pass a blue slip. I agree. But where it is im not sure. Perhaps it was a sticker on the vz and is no longer there. Ive seen a vy v6 that had it on the firewall. Mine has no visible holes where one may have been.
Ive spoken to the previous owner who is going to look through all the paper work and see if the sticker or a plate is there.

Got me stumped so far
Its never been painted. Never had any accidents. No insurance claims made. Just cant locate this plate.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute

A lot car manufactures used stickers as Compliance plates; it's an anti-theft method as the style of sticker is destroyed if someone has tried to remove it.

This is what it should look like: (This is actually from a VE but same as VZ)
Compliance plate.jpg

There's also a VIN number stamped in the floorpan under the driver's seat... see if it matches :)

Last edited: