Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear light Fail

Goths1

Reaction score
Members Ride
None ATM
Hey Guys just brought a new VZ Calais and every time i start it up it comes up with rear light fail, but i have had a look and they all seem to be working?

Cheers

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
Hey Guys just brought a new VZ Calais and every time i start it up it comes up with rear light fail, but i have had a look and they all seem to be working?

Cheers

If there are no obvious faults, it may just require the rear light failure system 're-learn' procedure to be carried out in the first instance.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
has it had led globes or tail lights installed?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Mine does the same only on start up when light have not been on previously and yes I have changed my taillights for VZ Berlina ones instead of the std HSV VY Berlina lights.
I'm thinking that maybe a loose connection or plug as once the lights have been on for a while and you turn off and on the ignition it no longer shows up.
Might go out tomorrow and play with the connections.
Usually it happens when I'm going somewhere in a hurry and couldn't be bothered checking the lights before moving off.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Can detect a voltage drop, so could be disconnecting the window light for a spoiler, or a dodgy/wrong wattage globe in any tail lights. Ive also had fault when a traier was connected...