Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Front brakes niose

Tro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive - VF SS
Morning all,

My VZ has started making nioses when braking (when releasing the brake it makes a creak)
I believe its the slides on the calipers?

Remedy? just grease or pull out and lightly sand the slides and regrease? (hi temp grease?)

Or have I got it completely wrong?

Cheers

Tro

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
More than likely to be worn bushes in the front suspension components. I have never know a calliper to make noises loud enough to be heard over the noise of traffic etc. If unsure, take you car to a competent mechanic for assessment. Might eventually save you a lot of money.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
More than likely radius rod bushes, as they are what hold the wheel in place. Have someone outside the car watching the front wheel as you move slowly and get on and off the brakes. The wheel will move back and forth and probably make the noise as well.

Tro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive - VF SS
OK cheers,
I thought the noise happens only when releasing the brake, even if not mobile ...

I'll double check tomorrow!

Thanks for the input

Tro

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
A light 'creak' with slight pressure on the brakes is normal if you mean just as you let the pedal out and creep forward. Its just the low frequency vibration of the pad rubbing on the rotor. My VZ has a small amount and its only done 50,000kms. Try not to be overly sensitive :)

That said tho, if its really bad, get it checked out.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
OK cheers,
I thought the noise happens only when releasing the brake, even if not mobile ...

I'll double check tomorrow!

Thanks for the input

Tro

If it's not doing it whilst moving, rule out the radius rod bushes...It's a good chance it'll be the caliper slides