Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastic edge to drivers seat... what is that called?

some_evil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva Series II
Hey Guys,

I just slid out of my VZ Sv6 and the plastic side piece to my drivers door broke off, its the piece with the height adjuster switch in it.

Does anyone know what this is called? And how much I should expect to pay for a replacement from my local wreckers?

I suppose a third question, are they hard to replace?

QJQt1Izn

Thanks everyone for viewing.

xx-Trev-xx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
I'm pretty sure it's called a seat trim and on ebay it cost around $45, i managed to fix mine by gluing a small L bracket on the inside and cable tying it to the seat rail as well as getting a longer screw and washer for the middle section if you want to save some cash. Also it's easy to replace just take the seat adjusting nob off and unscrew the screw in the middle.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
As Trev said - cheap, nasty , easy fix is to remove the small slotted circular piece near the adjuster, find and use appropriate size self tapper and washer, screw into metal seat base, replace little cover. Nobody but you knows or sees.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
New ones about $60 (memory seat type) and still available as well.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
You may need to provide your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) in order to obtain the correct fitting part.

some_evil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva Series II
Spot on, finally got my ass into gear and ordered this part, it hasnt arrived yet, but was having a look yesterday and I have no idea how to remove the adjuster wheel from the driver seat? Is there a trick or do you just yank it off?

cheers

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Spot on, finally got my ass into gear and ordered this part, it hasnt arrived yet, but was having a look yesterday and I have no idea how to remove the adjuster wheel from the driver seat? Is there a trick or do you just yank it off?

cheers

Just yank it off.