Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aerpro AP 9

bennyboy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Hey guys, iv had a look around and found a couple of threads regarding antenna replacements but none with the info im after so forgive me if I missed anything. The factory antenna in my SS ute started playing up the other day then ended up ****ting itself completely. When I would turn the ignition on the auto antenna motor would run constantly without actually moving the antenna at all, and I would have to disconnect the battery to get it to stop. I went out and bought an aerpro ap 9 and have read the posts from members saying they had to modify the mounting bracket. This is no problem for me however it seems that the actual unit itself is too 'fat' to fit into the same space as the original unit. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Also Iv been thinking it might be a better idea to ditch the whole passenger side antenna and try to install a VE model stubby antenna onto the roof... if anyone else has done this mod then any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Benny, getting the antenna in there can be like wrestling a sumo warrior, especially if you have fluted guards. But it does go.

Putting the VE type antenna in place would be a marathon effort and would also require a gain boost.

bennyboy82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Thanks for the input mate, ill stick with the ap 9 and try to get it in there...