Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dicky seat / third row seat for LPG VZ wagon

fangios

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina wagon / SV6 sportwagon SII
As we have our forth child on the way, I am considering some options for the family vehicle.

The cheapest one being to fit the genuine Holden third row seat to our wagon.

However the wagon is on LPG, with a donut tank in the spare wheel well, spare wheel sits up along the side of the wagon.

Around town I am prepared to use a can of tyre slime/rely on RACV, and not run a spare at all.

However what I can't find out is if there is any issues bolting in the seat with the LPG tank in there? Does anyone know exactly where the seat mounts go, or even better, any photos of the installation?

Can it be done??

Thanks

Deltak

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi,

There are 3rd row seats available on Ebay for $500 and up ($2000).

You could contact these sellers to get information on the mounts or

You could just see the Holden spare parts and enquire about parts($$$) and see how it is mounted in their exploded diagram(Very useful). You would then have to see if this would interfere with the spare tire and the donut gas tank.

fangios

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks,

I have already visited Holden spare parts, and have a copy of the exploded diagram. It does not show where or how the seat is mounted, simply a diagram of the seats (the mounts are there but hard to see where they would go). Also Holden say a flat no to third row seat and LPG, but they couldn't tell me why. I'm thinking it might all add up to take up too much of the payload of the car, if its not interferrence with spare wheel or tank mounts. I did contact one Ebay seller, who requested a deposit before they would go and have a look at the instruction sheet (Brand new seat with instructions). Pathetic attitude, Holmart.
I'll keep trying.....

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
THe NRMA "Open Road" has an advert for Belmore Auto Conversions 1300789 598 Providing child restraints, car accessories & auto conversions
Its in Sydney, but you may get some advice from them.
................or if you think that the the Good Luck Fairy is smiling on your maintainence wallet you could trade on a 7 seat Fraud Terrorstory.

Last edited:

fangios

Reaction score
Members Ride

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
see PM.

(10 characters)

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Why the hell would anyone think its a good idea to put a seat near an LPG tank? I thought it wasn't till the VE that the mounts for the 3rd row were actually provided. We looked into the cost of getting a dickie seat put into a VX/Y and it was a good 3-4k to buy the seat, install and then the mod plate. Needless to say it works out cheaper to buy one that already has it done.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Would suggest it may be against ADR.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Our VY wagon has the third row seat in the back. Theres a sticker on the back window that says "This vehicle is fitted with a Retro child seat manufactured by Retro seating (phone 0741242655)." You could probably call them for info about the LPG/seat installation...
On mine the compliance plate under the bonnet says its 5 seat capacity, the rego papers say its 7 seat capacity...

Rossthescot

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
I have the dickie seats in my svz wagon, and was thinking of going lpg. The metal brackets that hold the 3rd row are to the sides and slightly forward of the spare tyre well so i dont think it will interfere with a doughnut tank. I was also thinking of using no spare and have the spray can instead. However, having read the other posts i am wondering why holden say a flat no to the idea . I can only assume its because there is only carpeted plyboard in the boot between the seats and the lpg. I would be keen to know before i think about getting gas installed.