Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not firing on rear passenger side cylinder.6 cyl.

greigbec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I have just found out my vz calais isnt firing on the rear passenger side cylinder. I have swapped plugs with no change. Then swapped coils no change. Even tried rear o2 sensors. Anybody have some ideas of what may be causing this

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
If the injector is cactus the ECU will turn of the coil for that cylinder. Check the codes, and check the injector. Hope that helps.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Not firing will either be fuel or spark. You have eliminated spark, so check fuel. Swap the injector to another cylinder and see if the miss moves with it.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I had a VE alloytec with a miss, the problem was the pins in the plug to an injector had opened up. Closing the pins fixed it.

greigbec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
I have a mate checking the injectors tomorrow. Will let you know how he goes. Thanks for all the suggestions

greigbec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
All fixed. Number 6 injector Was 95% blocked. Fuel filter was blocked. Cleaned all injectors changed filter and blew out fuel lines. Runs like a dream now. Thanks for the advice really appreciate it