Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sway bar bushes

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
Now this might be a stupid question but I'm replacing my sway bar mounting bushes and nolathane only makes 24mm and a 26mm now the problem is I've put the vern callipers on my sway bar and it's 25mm thick. Question is would the one mm difference be some thing to worry about or should I go and get the superpro ones in the 25mm and pay three times as much?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Unfortunately if you want to run urethane you need the right size as trying to squash down a 26mm urethane bush will leave gaps and allow the bar to slide side to side to easy and trying to sqash a smaller 24mm bush will be very hard.
Holden/HSV do similar when they fit 27/28mm bars to HSV's they use the 26mm rubber bush squashed down by the locating bracket.
But as the 26mm rubber bush is pretty thin anyway and the rubber soft it can be done a lot easier.
Exactly what is the 3 times price for the right size bush from super pro?

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
Can pick the nolathane bushes from Repco for $19.50 for the 26mm the superpro bushes at 25mm are $58.85 from super cheap. The white line ones are $30 but we have no stockests up here in newy

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Pro tip - Nolathane and Whiteline come from the same place.

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
I'm pretty sure it 26mm, sorry 26mm is for exec models

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
I thought it was a bit odd as all me other commos and I've had a few most where 26mm but my vz wagon is 25. Well if there's nothing for it I'll go get the supers

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The VZ attaches the swaybar to strut more solidly with top and bottom ball joints so maybe they were able to soften the bar a little for the same handling.
And yes you are right in that all the VT-VY wagons I have seen all have 26mm bars.
My sons Berlina sedan had 26mm front bar, now my old 28mm.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Just out of interest is there any appreciable difference in those 3 brands of bushes?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Just out of interest is there any appreciable difference in those 3 brands of bushes?

From everything I've read on different forums the urethane used by Superpro is the most durable or best depending on how you want to look at it.
Whiteline and Nolathane are both owned by Red Ranger as far as I know and with Whiteline they use 2 different urethanes although it may just be 2 different colours.

aszaheer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
hi thedeadwalk, any luck with your bushes? I just measured my exec and mine is 25mm as well. What did u end up going with?