Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight clip

drelix

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 2005
I have to replace my headlight yet again am going to buy better quality globes this time as i seem to be forever changing them but also leave them on during the day.

But when i do it i can get the clip off ok it just getting it back on i swear at it i google a **** load and then usually i have to get someone else to do it I was just wondering is there a trick to it or is there a way that i am not just getting.,..

surley everyone knows it the clip that holds the headlight in place.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
push the clip inwards, then push towards the side and it pops out, then pull it open, get the globe out then reverse, push the clip in and then to the side it clips in.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
In regards to the bulbs themselves and having them constantly on. Obviously you know that you will go through them quicker. Stick with quality brands such as Philips, Narva or Osram. Don't use the +50, +80, whiter and bluer bulbs... Use a standard bulb, they don't run as hot so will last longer. Regardless of what the packaging says... To get more of something... You have to compromise. Your other options are swapping to LED daytime running lamps which can look crap or can be good. Second option is to use a daytime running kit on the headlights themselves, this will run your headlights at about 70-80% brightness. Meaning you can be seen during the day but saves the bulbs a fair bit. You can then turn the headlight switch on when you want full brightness.

Please note, I'm not trying to turn this thread into a whole debate about dazzli g other road users and legalities of lights. Just trying to help the OP out.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive tried a few different types of headlight bulbs, I was having trouble with them not lasting very long, and I found that the best ones are Narva brand, standard H4 (60/55w)globes.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Put some LED parking lights in.