Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weathershields

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Hey all, I've got a VZ Lumina (not sure if it matters) and am looking at vuying some weathershields, not sure what brands are best, or to just stick to OEM, also; do they make rear weather visors? Let me know if you can help! Cheers!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Try searching for Aunger..most car accessory shops have them but doubt if you will get rear door ones ( ugly as if they were available)..

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I have some Aunger ones and tbh wish I'd not bought them and gone OEM (look online plenty of GM dealers stock them in their eBay stores). There are slim and full size OEM's available.

The Aunger ones have these terrible clips to hold them on that interfere with the windows at the top.

They weren't even any cheaper I don't think. As far as rear ones go, not sure they would be available - most of those little ones that sit at the top are for snow/ice and you find them on vehicles in countries like the US and Japan, as such I don't know if available in our market.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Thanks all! Yeh, like the ones I see on the Nissan Maxima's etc, idk, just look a little different, will also let me have the rear window down a little for whatever reason, passengers, air flow etc without rain gushing in!

thanks all! Guess I'll start with OEM ones!

Some stores have "classes" for them? Seen one that said "suits calais" and one that says "suits berlina" wtf? someone help!

also, slim and mid, I think i'd preffer slim? Any pros and cons?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Holden's own weather shields are very good indeed (made for them by Aunger) and the fitting hardware is better. The process is fiddly and somewhat exacting: make a mistake and it will show!

A caution about the slimline weather shields: these require invasive cutting of the window padding/rubber during fitting and there is a very real possibility of scratching the glass during/after fitting if it is not done correctly. I would skip any weathershield requiring such modification and go with the strong self-adhesive types.

Be aware that weathershields are not allowed on cars when travelling on The Ghan because they have been known to fly off. The desert north of Adelaide and around Alice Springs is littered with bits and pieces that have come off cars taken on The Ghan (bonnet protectors, too, but these are allowed).

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
THANKS! I won't he traveling on The Ghan! :) But cool to know the info :)

Urghk, cutting etc for weather shields? sounds shonky! I'll definitely be going the easy option!

An addition to this post, I've
started seeing VE's with rear weather shields, like first stated in the original post! Wonder if anyone will make some for VZ's!

also, where can I find the measurements for the rear windows of a VZ and VE? maybe the VE ones will fit?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
The small cutting necessary to fit the hardware on Holden's slimline weather shields results in a very secure fitting that does not rely on self-adhesive strips alone (though strong, the adhesive will weaken over time). But if the weather shield is broken it will leave a potential entry for rain etc where the cutting into the rubber/flocking was necessary during fitout. A local football coach has a VZ with these Holden weathershields; he eventually got sick of them and removed them, but the outer surface of the glass was scratched by the hardware (!) and he has not been able to obtain replacement window lining from Holden (apparently the older the Holden model, the more expensive replacement parts are!?).

Somebody here correct me if I am wrong, but the VE Omegas are an Opel design and do not share the same window architecture as Holden's home-grown VZ models. So there would be unique weather shields for the Omega as there are for the VZ (and other V* variants).
In SuperCheap this morning I saw Aunger's own weather shields for VZ Commodore windows at about $59.95 — still expensive for what they are... many V* variants there, along with Fix Or Repair Daily models...

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
hmmmm… and "auger" are basically the same ones as the ones i'd but from holden aren't they?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
hmmmm… and "auger" are basically the same ones as the ones i'd but from holden aren't they?

not really, they both attach to the car differently.

Similar but not the same, OEM ones are better fitment.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
So, i think i'll
be throwing the extra money for some OEM ones :) sound like the best I can get!

thanks all!