Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problem with lowering

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
IMG_0730.JPGIMG_0731.JPGIMG_0733.JPG

basically im thinking about lowering my car once again as ive been told by a few people that it needs lowering and that it will look better which i agree, but there is a problem, my extractors hang low which is show in the pictures (hopfully u guys can see) so what i am wondering is, would it be difficult to some how make the extractors abit higher so its level with the rest of the bottem of my car?

Also i was recommended , low king springs in the front and ssl's in the rear so i am also wondering what that would look like on a vz commodore and if it would be too low or not low enough? positive feedback only please.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I found after fitting fairly low hanging extractors to my VS that I just have to watch where I drive. Theres just some driveways etc that I cant/wont go up, as it will bottom out on the extractors and scrape the crap out of them.. For me its just part of owning a lower than standard car.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
might be worth noting that the legal limit for how low is measured from the lowest point on the car, its 110mm i believe, so you might want to check how low your exhaust is going to sit if you drop it. measure it now, then say you lower 30mm how low would your exhaust be? that's if you care.

take it to an exhaust shop they might be able to fit it on better? a lot of exhaust places also do suspension so you could get it all done together.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
That pesky exhaust is back. How good are you at welding? Im not familiar with the alloytecs but they look like cats from the blurry photos, you may be able to cut them out and rotate them a bit for more clearance.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
might be worth noting that the legal limit for how low is measured from the lowest point on the car, its 110mm i believe, so you might want to check how low your exhaust is going to sit if you drop it. measure it now, then say you lower 30mm how low would your exhaust be? that's if you care.

take it to an exhaust shop they might be able to fit it on better? a lot of exhaust places also do suspension so you could get it all done together.

in victoria(where the op is), car must be 100mm from the ground unladen, must retain 2/3 original suspension travel and can only be lowered maximum 50mm from original.

only way to raise the extractors will be to have them modified and raised.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Sometimes you can raise your extractors a bit by loosening the bolts in the heads and pushing them up at the cats and re tightening them. My extractors sit about 105mm off the ground with fe2 so unfortunately I cant lower the front of my car at all.

Like someone said measure it now and see how much you can afford to drop it. If the flange is the lowest point you might be able to grind a few mm's off it. Can't really see **** in that pic btw.

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Sometimes you can raise your extractors a bit by loosening the bolts in the heads and pushing them up at the cats and re tightening them. My extractors sit about 105mm off the ground with fe2 so unfortunately I cant lower the front of my car at all.

Like someone said measure it now and see how much you can afford to drop it. If the flange is the lowest point you might be able to grind a few mm's off it. Can't really see **** in that pic btw.

lol ill take some better pics tommorow, anyway if i can hardly lower my car then there's really no point in me wasting $500 to get it lowered, also i dont want to be like brett^ and have to take different routes because my car will scrape something on the way (would be annoying as hell) so ill speak to an exhaust shop and ask them if the extractors can be fitted higher if not then im in big trouble lol....