Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memory seat control module wiring

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Blown LS3 Berlina Wagon
I have a set of front seats out of a VY or VZ Adventra. They are powered seats and the driver's seat has the memory control.

I have been looking for a wiring diagram for the seats and controller so that I can check them out before I install them in my ride, but I don't have access to any VY, VZ, or Adventra wiring diagrams. The closest I have been able to find so far is the Monaro CV8, but it is not entirely correct.

If anyone has access to the correct seats wiring diagram I would be grateful if you could share it :yeah:

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hope these help.

Thanks, but its not quite right. Some of the connections and colours are correct but there arent enough connections to the module, and the seat appears to have potentiometer position sensing rather than pulse encoders.

These are the connectors on the memory seat control module.

This is the seat side of the body loom connector

These are the wire colours on the body loom side.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
How about this one

imagejpg1_zpse6f2084e.jpg

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
How about this one
Thanks! The seat internal colours are not right, but the body connector and body loom colours look exactly correct. I will have a play and see what happens. I am hoping it doesn't need to talk to the BCM to function at all.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
keep us updated as i would like to do this as well

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
So far so good. Connecting the appropriate wires to a supply allows the manual controls to work as expected for all 8 movements. So it doesn't need a BCM to work manually, which is nice.

I have tried a few permutations for setting the memories, but so far nothing seems to set a memory position. Maybe it needs a BCM to set memory positions, and maybe I am just not using the correct sequence.

Does somebody have the blurb out of the user manual that instructs how to set and use the memory positions, including what the indicator and beeper mean?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline

Zom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks again! I will see what I can get out of it but I suspect the BCM needs to tell the MSC about (at least) ignition and reverse.