Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ common oil leaks?

Brewsee

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
I know hits hard to diagnose without seeing pics/seeing the car first hand and with so little information but what are some common oil leaks on the 190 Alloytecs?
I've noticed mine has been leaking a fair bit the past couple of days, it seems to be dripping from the left side though I'm not sure if the leak is on the left side - gonna degrease it this week and put it over the pit to have a better geez but until then i just wanna get some ideas.
The size of the oil patch it leaves is probably around 10x5-7cm and it seems to happen quite often..
Cheers in advance

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
first point of call is the tappet cover gaskets.....just get your finger at the base of the tappet cover and wipe it.....if you have oil on your finger, there's the start....

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
I know hits hard to diagnose without seeing pics/seeing the car first hand and with so little information but what are some common oil leaks on the 190 Alloytecs?
I've noticed mine has been leaking a fair bit the past couple of days, it seems to be dripping from the left side though I'm not sure if the leak is on the left side - gonna degrease it this week and put it over the pit to have a better geez but until then i just wanna get some ideas.
The size of the oil patch it leaves is probably around 10x5-7cm and it seems to happen quite often..
Cheers in advance

You're doing what I would do, clean it down and check for leaks. I know the oil pressure sensor can leak but the oil apparently remains in the plug and you would be getting an SVS message as well. Best of luck I'm sure all will be revealed after the clean.

aszaheer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Mine was leaking from both the CMP actuator seals so u might wanna have look there too