Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing a Catback Exhaust

Chapman2233

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hey guys, I've been searching around the forums for some answers but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for so I thought I would ask the community.

One of my mates just got a brand new exhaust system on his car, extractors and the lot etc, he previously had a 2.5" redback catback exhaust on it, its this:

Redback Twin 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust suit Holden VT VX VY VZ Commodre Wagon & Ute

Only its used, but only for a month or so.

Anyway, I want to put it on my VZ since its free and ill be buying a VF in the next 6 months, is it simple a straight swap from the stock one on my car, Im assuming the flanges will fit with the stock headers and the mounts will fit in where the stock rubber mounts are for the mufflers?

Is this a hard job doing it yourself or should I be able to manage?

Thanks again guys!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
As long as it's going on the same body type, EG sedan to sedan, yes, it will bolt straight up to the factory cat pipes and pick up on all the factory hangers.

Four bolts at the front, two clamps and 6 rubber hangers. The hardest part will be getting the little clips off the hangers that hold the rubbers. Put a screwdriver under the tab and bend it out, then you will have to close them up again before you put them back on so they grip and don't fall off. You will see when you look at them.